Saturday, May 07, 2005

The start of the journey

Being 29 and as the days slowly click away for the big 3-0, I have been re-evaluting my life. My teens were a diaster, my twenties spectacular with a lot of bumps in the road. However, my direction is quite clear yet.

By now, people have "careers" instead of jobs and have had long term girlfriends. Myself, I am somewhat of a late bloomer in both areas. But I see myself having as much fun as possible and trying a lot of things.

But the ultimate question--"Am I happy?" It's a mixed bag. I like my lifestyle, but still a bit alone. I like my job, but I want to do more. So, I am making some changes.

I am losing some weight, trying to get my house in order, and trying to get some of my social problems figured out. That's what this blog is all about.

Many guys out there kinda morn the coming of their 30th birthday. It's kind of a transition from being fresh out of college fun-filled party guy, to a serious career, settling down, and no-fun man. I don't see it that way. I see it as a way to look back, fix things, but still feel like you're twenty five. It's not a age, just a number. And just a goal to reach.

So, I take you along on this journey. In the end, maybe I'll be more happy than I am now and wiser. But not too much older.

1 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

You'll make it...I just turned 33 and I look back at 30 and think, "Man, to be 30 again!" - PS, who is Kevin Smith?

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home