Friday, May 20, 2005

The Tooth Hurts

It kinda sucked this weekend, as one of my teeth started to hurt and my face ballooned like the national debt. It made going to see WWE wrestling saturday night a a pain. I did however, get to say "good job" to two of the wrestlers as I left the arena. They both said in unison "Thank you." For those of you who want to know it was Rosey and Stevie Richards.

I went in Monday to the dentist, which took forever (it took them an hour to finally sit me down.) I got a look from the assistant, got x-rays, waited another half hour, got an evaluation from the dentist, more x-rays, and then finaly after another 15 min. I heard the dreaded words, root canal. I had to set up an appointment for next week, which means I am off two days sick, one for the surgery, the other to recover.

I do realize that people have to do other things, and waiting is sometimes necessary to get a better perspective on a situation. I don't mind waiting, but sometimes you fell that "hey, you had enough time, let's git 'er dun." (Yes, I am starting to feel like a little red neck out here.)

I was at the Wal-Mart the other day, and the gal at the register didn't have change for me. I can understand--a lot of people bring in bigger bills and her drawer gets flooded with twenties and fifties. She requested to get change via her register, and I patiently waited. Ten minutes later the customer service gal finally got to the register, gave the gal her change, and left. The gal at the register gave ther person in line his change first, then mine. She said that the customer service gal gave her the wrong amounts.

I remember when one register clerk could just have easily exchanged a couple of twenties for correct change right across from each other without having to go through the customer service department and having to wait while they are off on some other matter before getting you some change. Even if they needed to keep track, they could easily type it into a computer that they exchanged so many bills for so many bills. Ugh.

Sorry to rant, but maybe I want things to happen more quickly. I am growing old every minute and the sooner I get on with my life, the sooner I can get things done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home