Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Bachelor Pad

Hi all,

I finally got a light day at work so I can tell you about Ft.Myers. The area we cover is from Naples, FL to a couple conuties short of Tampa. Things are kinda in flux as the station is being bought out by another company, which will mean some changes in the future. But we only have one newscast as of right now, but that may change. But the way I work it almost seems like we have two or three hours of news. We do a lot of live shots, and I have been more and more adept at it every time.

I physically work and live in Cape Coral, which is a nice place to live. The odd thing about the area is that everyone seems to have a New York or Bostonian accent. Also strange is that one of our anchors is from Montana. Even funnier is that my roommate is originally from Terre Haute, where I used to work.

My roommate, Shaun, is a reporter for the station. He is a karaoke dj on the side, so we seem to get along well. We have a simular sence of humor and are really starting to click. We are getting our duplex in order--furnature coming in daily. We should be complete next month, as I need a bed and we are getting a bigger tv. It will be the place to be to hang out.

The karaoke scene is pretty good here. You can find two or three bars in the area that have karaoke seven days a week. As for the singles scene--the station seems to be plugged into it. Just in the midst of a "going out" lull.

That's about it for now. Laters.

-MarQ

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh,oh, a duplex to hang in. You guys will be the hot spot of south Florida. Oh, the lucky ladies.Now they have a cool place to chill and get their funk on.I am so glad you are doing well.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you???

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home