Friday, September 02, 2005

One more shot before I go

Before I leave you, I do have two stories for you to give you quick laugh.

I went to a baseball game this last week and signed up for a contest called "Freeze your a$$ off and win a free t-shirt". The contest involves unraveling a frozen t-shirt and putting it on. I wound up getting picked to face another guy to win a prize--we would both get t-shirts. I was called at the top of the inning and the top of the next inning, we would do the contest. I had to take off my jacket and flannel shirt for this and it was in the low '60's that night.

So I was a bit cold, and the inning was lasting a while. It was about twenty minutes before we finally got to the contest. The shirt was a little thawed out and I ended up winning the shirt and two tickets to a future ballgame. The bad news was I wasn't going to able to. They don't have a game until after I leave for Ft. Myers. So I wound up giving my tickets to my brother and sister-in-law.

Now an even funnier and more concise story. I had sold my car to a couple last week, who had given it to a student they were mentoring. I get a call at 3:30 this morning from the police. My plates were still on the vehicle, as they didn't register it in their name yet, and the police had said that the car had rolled down the street, hitting cars and a dumpster. No one was in it, and the car was possibly parked at a car delaership where it was being serviced. So I have no clue who's fault it was, only that the only explaination is that someone had it in neutral, consider the breaks on it are new.

See you in ft. Myers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ecosystem benefits of Microsoft's VC-1
I'm sick. That's an odd way to start off a blog post, but I have a fever, and feel like absolute hell.
Passing by and stopped in. Will be back again. Your site was put together well, I'm putting up one about
href="http://www.management-software-directory.com/">property management software
, which deals with Unique property management software ,naturally.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be looking forward to your tales of Florida. Lots of sexy ladies there. I bet you will be a hit with them.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home