Friday, October 07, 2005

The top 20 reasons its good to be 30

I am sorry I haven't been posting as of late, but there has been nothing happening besides work and getting settled into my duplex. But I do have something to post now that is directly tied to this blog.

There was a show on Bravo called "Why It's Good to Be..." and the other night, it was being in your 30. So, let me reflect on the list....

#20 Have a kick a$$ party

I am in the planning stages atm, trying to get some friends to visit me that weekend. I figure I can have a whole weekend to party with my new friends at work plus head to Miami to go clubbing. I am getting drunk as much as possible over that weekend too.

#19 MILF's

Doesn't really apply since I am not one.

#18 Figured out hair

Two words: barber shop. I have figured out my look in my later 20's, although since I am in Florida now, I maybe a little more dressy going out.

#17 Could be the next Massah

J.C. did it in his early 30's. So did Buddah. I think the spirituality portion of life is figure out by now--shoveling through all the bull in your twenties. But I think someone on the show say it best..."You are old enough to think you know everything, but too young to figure out you know nothing."

#16 Nostalgia

Remember parashute pants? Pogo balls? Rick Ashley? I have been asking this since my mid 20's. We harbor on things we remember and its is fun to look back and think "what were they thinking?" or "Maybe I can find one on eBay."

#15 Ready to get married--seriously

I am still trying to get a handle on dating, but good news maybe happening on that front (stay tuned) . The parents want me to marry at 33, but you never know.

#14 Substitute familes

Basically good friends raising kids. My friends don't have kids. So we go to...

#13 Okay about lying about your age

This is kinda funny, as when I moved to Indiana and here, everyone thought initially I was in my mid 20's. Until I waxed nostoligic. Dead giveaway.

#12 You're not in a major crisis

I was in one earlier this year, but I think that things are starting to be set strait. I know where I am going and my life is finally starting to be in order. My confidence is up from what it was, but this was mild considering my teen years. I was miserable during high school. At least now I can feel secure about me.

#11 Being a homeowner

Not ready to settle down yet, so a home is towrads my later 30's.

#10 Odds are in your favor (You probably aren't suffering physical, sexual, or mental problems)

I am sane, but then again its a relative term. I am somewhat health and my mind is not messed up so much I have to be in a mental institution. But then again, "I might be a little bit loco baby but a little bit crazy's alright."

#9 You can hold your liquor

I didn't do trial and error on this one. I just knew when to stop. Good thing about not being much of one.

#8 Parenthood

Although I foresee it happening later in my 30's, I am not ready for kids yet. Still having fun and not that stable yet.

#7 Science is your friend (early signs of againg and plastic surgery)

Personally, this isn't a good thing. I never complain about my looks and aging just happens. This maybe more of a deal to the opposite sex, but its not much of a problem for me.

#6 First divorce out of the way

Odds are in my favor that since I was never married that my marriage will last longer because I am older than 25.

#5 Able to run for president and senator

Always in the back of my head to run for public office. I would miss the deadline for pres by a few days in the very very unlikely chance I was to run in 2012.

#4 Pressure is off

I never had one, but when I turn 30 I will make up a list of things to do before I turn 35. It usually before 30, but I have only a few months to work with if I did a list. But, I got a lot out of the way, and there is no pressure to do something before a certain time now. Break a few promises to yourself is sometimes a good thing. Sometimes.

#3 Younger men older women

Again, doesn't pertain to me

#2 You can buy crap

My credit is getting better, and as my duplex starts to become more of a home, things start accumulating. I finally have furnature and working on a brand new computer. I am at the point of trying to get what I need to progress in my life. Not a lot of useless crap.

#1 30 is the new 20

As I discussed earlier in my blog. We look younger, act younger, and don't have to worry about having to settle down right away. We can still party and have a good time. We can still not have all the answers. Life is still freedom.

I will try to blog more often. Will let you know about my new car when I buy it. Laters.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read your blog – very nice. I made myself a blog and a web site, Homeopathic Medicine that covers Homeopathic Medicine and more. Check it out if you have the time.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it. I just knew you were busy getting your crib together. And, what is that about dating?Is there someone special you are spending time with? Oh, I can barely wait for your next blog.Oh,by the way, did you notice,I had a birthday?

5:13 PM  
Blogger MarQ w/a Q said...

Happy b-day Sheena. You don't look a day over 25.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. Did not want to make a deal of it here. I don't feel a day over 27.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home