Monday, November 13, 2006

After twenty years, another ride on the Starship

I finally got some news in my life, as things have calmed down. I am now working both Saturday and Sunday now at Mona's, which means that my weekends are pretty much shot. But the money is great--my bribs--I mean tips are up. Which I need during this holiday season.

I ended up winning backstage passes to Starship this last weekend. This was interesting, seeing my first ever concert was Starship twenty years ago. I wrote a paraody to "We Built this City" to win the passes, which was considered creative by the dj's. I hence got the last of the passes. I met Mickey Thomas, which was cool, and did shoot the concert for the news. The only problem was the sound was distorted, so i could only do so much with it. The concert rocked. They did all thier hits, "Sara", "Jane", "We Built this City", and "Nothing's Gonna Stop us Now". Plus Mickey also did "Fiolled Around and Fell in Love", which was awesome. Great concert.




The other news I got is that the morning show has asked me to do karaoke Dec. 8. I am planning on doing the Chaunika song as well as Christmas in Hollis. I am also promoting the bar.

That's about it for now. Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home