Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Riders of the Storm

Sorry I haven't posted--been very busy with, sigh, work.

I am in my new shift, which has been something to get used to. The first week was daysides for three days, which meant my sleep schedule was off. Which meant I had to sleep when I was off.

All this plus one of my friends at work, Bobby D., moved very abruptly. We sent him off, as everyone loved him at the station. He was a staple in the market and people from other stations even came to send him off. He moved to Vegas, and all I gotta say is good luck, and I'll visit when I can.

He worked karaoke on Wednesday which means we are down three nights at the bar. I have been work parts of shifts, but its hard when you go live and get in about midnight when the show starts at 10:00. We are trying to fix the problem, but it may take a few weeks.

Which brings me to the next two days. No covering at all at the bar. I am stuck on two 12 hour shifts at the station due to Tropical Storm Ernesto. It's gonna most likely skirt us, which means a bad storm, but no severe damage. Maybe a tree on a house here or there.

I am off when the storm will most likely hit, so I get to be on the sidelines. Question is will it be here or my place.

Anyhow, I get a lot of stuff to do, and hopefully I can get some rest. I'll let you know if I survive. The work, not the storm.

Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home