Friday, August 04, 2006

When the Q's away...

Greetings from Montana...

After two crowded flights, I got here Monday to nice, sunny weather. It was hot here before I came (temps were hotter than Florida, but not as humid) but now it's the type of weather I like--no rain. lol. I was also lucky that tropical storm Chris broke up. It would have meant my vay-cay would have been cut short.

So how is it? It is good to see the family. It's been a year since I saw them, as its been about a year since I got my job in Florida. My dad is now up in Alaska fishing, but I did see him before he left. And I have been spending much needed time with mom, and getting things done. I have gotten some old tapes that I am transferring to dvd--student films and some old UFC tapes.

I did come home to some sad news. A classmate of mine, Cpl. Phil Baucus, died overseas in Iraq. He was a marine and graduated the same year as me. He was also the nephew of US senator Max Baucus. He was killed Sunday by a suicide bomber. I knew him and his wife and my condolences to the family.

On a happier note, when I get back home, I get my own computer. The station is getting rid of their old ones, so I was lucky enough to get my name drawn to get one of them. I am bringing back my screenwriting software, and getting some video editing software as well. Time to get back to being creative.

Before then, a little more rest.

Laters.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh,oh I bet your momma is so glad to see her boy. And I bet you are glad to see her too.I am so sorry to hear about your classmate. He made the ultimate sacrifice for his country.Have you ever been in the military? You seem so adventurous,I would not be surprised if you had been a Navy Seal or Green Beret.

10:39 PM  
Blogger MarQ w/a Q said...

Nope--no military. My older bros were. Never had the dicipline for it. I always joked to my friends about starting a revolt if I ever enlisted. lol.He died in a car bombing, so he did die in the line of duty.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home