Monday, October 24, 2005

Just like a teenager in for a quickie



I am safe and unharmed. But the main reason was I was indoors most of the time at the Emergency Operations Center. It was basically the hub of information about the storm and where all local, county, state, and federal support services were located. But I did get a few picks of the storm and will post when I get the role finally finished off.

So the distruction? Very minimal in the area. I had power and no damage to my duplex, which was lucky. A few living in other parts has no power even right now. Nothing as bad as what I hear from Naples and Marco Island. Haven't been down there yet, but I assume I will be this weekend and in the coming weeks.

I worked a 12 hour shift, then had a 5 hour break, then worked another 6. But I have tomorrow off, so it will be nice to sleep in. I am anxious for my next one, which won't be for another six months if that.

Nothing else new. I will post over the weekend. Laters.

-MarQ

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am relieved to see your message.I just knew you would be right at the center of things. Can't wait to see the pictures.

7:11 AM  
Blogger MarQ w/a Q said...

Btw, I work for Fox. Fox News had the national crew nearer the center of the storm. None of my stuff went national sorry to say. But I will most likely get other opprotunities to cover stories of national interest. Keep watching.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I will keep watching for sure.I have never in any way had contact with a celebrity. This is so exciting.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you must be very busy.Just wanted to see if there was any news from you.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home