Sunday, January 22, 2006

Six feet under the table

Here I am still a little hung over from last night partying hard in NYC. My friends and I went to the Village and had a blast. A lot of peeps from college showed up and we went bar hopping. We went to the world famous Chummley's, one of my favorite places, for a beer. It is where all the literary greats like Hemmingway, Fitzgerald, Wolfe, and all the famous writers of the time hung out, The walls are lined with pictures and book covers. Oh the stories. There's a corner for those who were blacklisted nduring MacCarthy's reign of terror, and a booth where Fitzgerald and his wife consumated their marriage. I just love the aura about the place.

We went to a few other bars. In one we started to sing "What a Fool Believes" by Michale McDonald when it came over the speakers. A few girls were impressed.

My friend paid to get ny palm read. She seemed to nail everything on the head when she talked about me. Creative, heard working, but private, I am also stubborn and when I want to get something, I won't take no for an answer. She said when I get frustated to mediate. She also said this year would be a good year for me. I would be making good money, I had asked about my love life and she said I am a very private person, and to foucs on what I want and get it.

Then we hit thee spot. It was a place I went to last time I went to NYC. It's a karaoke bar in Chinatown. Last time I came in, it wasn't packed, but last night it was packed. A bunch of gay guys were there singing, not very well at all. I put in my request and sure enough, I did get the crowd going. I am envious of my friend, who had did a song and impressed Loren Ambrose--if you don't know her, she is the red head in "Six Feet Under" and "Can't Hardly Wait". They did a duet later in the night that I recommended. She had a big ring on her finger and a boyfriend, so she was unavailable, but was a fun gal to hang out with. My friend is enagaged, but she seemed a bit flirty with him. She let us know Uma Thurman was in nthe bar last week. It has become somewhat of a celebrity hot spot.

Today on my offical 30th b-day, I am playing it by ear. I will post when I can.

-MarQ

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that night! So happy you had a great celebration.... 30 ain't that bad!!!! Congrats!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home