Friday, November 25, 2005

Thank God its Black Friday

And we're off...

I had to work over Thanksgiving
The "busiest shopping day of the year"
Supposively the beginning
of the Christmas Cheer

I heard people saying
"I shop later on"
But I went to Wal-Mart
Before the DVD recorders were gone.

The laptops went fast
Forty just wasn't enough
They started it early
Said some shoppers in a huff.
In Montana it was chaos
Just one in every city
It must have been a battle
Just to get a flat screen tv


I didn't need a cart
Just the recorder I sought
It was a lot easier
Considering the lines I had fought

There were units left
much to my surpise
I grab myself one
of the great season buys

My present shopping
wasn't done this day
I'm like the others,
saying next week will be okay

But when the turkey is eaten
and the presents are wrapped
Thank god for the stores
that had more staff.

I will enjoy my recorder
and all is still well.
Until next year's black Friday's
and the Holiday sales.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.It must be very hard being so far away from your family and all.I like the pictures you posted. Your parents must be so very proud.The poem is very nice.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how i wish the days were longer. I just hate the short days of winter.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home