Sunday, February 26, 2006

Here comes Sparky

Hi all,

I went to the dog track on Monday, and it was tough to get there. Traffic on I-75 was bumper to bumper for twenty miles. So what is usually a forty five minute trip took me three hours. I only got to see four races, but it is a definate I'll be back sometime in the near future. You probably don't know this, but I am pretty good at handicapping horses. I have a tendancy to win more than I lose. Dogs are another breed, pun intennded, and its tougher to handicap them. But it doesn't discourage me from trying once in a while.

We broke a story that will most likely hit nationally in the next few weeks. The US Border Patrol is cracking down, or how they like to call it "enhancing enforcement", of perscription drugs entering the country. A lot of seniors down here weren't getting their meds from Canada, which they have been doing for years. US Customs are saying its illegal to get meds via mail or corrier service. (i.e. FedEx, UPS, ect.) However, Senator Bill Nelson had talked to the head of the FDA, who said a 90-day personal supply is allowed via mail or corrier. And the kicker--this crackdown happened last November, the same time you could start signing up for Medicare part D. Don't be surprised to haer this as an issue in the next election.

Nothing else is going on. Probably just relax during my weekend. I am going to Orlando in three weeks to enjoy some wrestling and Universal studios.

Laters.

P.S. Sparky is the rabbit the dogs chase at the Naples-Ft. Myers dog track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home