Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Big D-O-C

I have been busy, as you can tell. I am helping my roommate find a new reporter gig, which shouldn't be too difficult. I am staying in my place at least an extra month. I figure I can find another roommate by then, seeing we are hiring reporters left and right.

So, my trip to Orlando. I basically went down US 17 there, which got me to see a bit more of rural Florida. What's funny is that its basically a bunch of small towns put together.

For some reason Orlando reminds me of Vegas. It has a strip of hotels along one road, and had those theme buildings. You can see a midevel joust and then catch a rodeo withing a few miles of each other.

I head to Universal and dined at the famous Maragritaville Restaurant. The cheeseburger in Paradise was excellent and the staff was as well. I will go back and get a pic in one of their famous chairs next time.

And then the wait. I waited four hours to get into the Destination X PPV. Getting in was a chore and if I would have known it would be this difficult, I would have used my press pass. VIPs were first, then "street team" members, who are basically regulars at the TNA wrestling chat board, then the ones who paid admission to the park, then the ones, like me, who went to see it for free. I did get in. The good news--I was at ringside. The bad news, I had to stand all through it.

I however got some great shots...





It was a great show, and if you look closely, you can see me a couple of times as they brawl through the crowd. The Utlimate X was great, as was the main event. I will definately come back for another wrestling card, but next time as press.

Before heading for home, I headed to Kisseemee to see something I thought I'd never see.




Yes you read that right. Pioco's chicken. Pio is spanish for bird,and co is spanish for rib. So if I open a chicken and ribs place, I can just call it MarQ Piocos.

That's it for now.

-MarQ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home