Friday, May 26, 2006

Hansel and disgruntled

There is something I need to get off my chest, shoulders, head, neck, throat, ect.

After learning a few facts the past few days, I learned I have been shafted the past few months. This is going into negotations, so I won't give you the details. Let's just say that I was being paid way less than I should have been and an agreement was never upheld by the new company because they never knew about it. But the thing was they should have known this when acquiring the station what I was making.

I have work hard for the station, as you may have read in previous posts, and whenever I am needed, I never said no. I love working here--the people, the stories I cover. I don't wanna leave the station but I need to make sure I am not getting disrespected for my hard work. Right now I feel I am not being respected and that obviously makes me feel angry and stressed out. I however feel better today than I did yesterday.

Part of the residual anger actually made me mad at something Jenny, the reporter who was leaving, did last night. She was taking pictures as people left last night as kind of a memento of her party. Even people she may have only met a few weeks agao. I said my goodbyes and didn't take a photo with me. I had defended her on several occasion with other people and felt that I at least gained her respect.

So, I wait and wait. Let's hope that I get what I deserve.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh,oh, this just all seems so unfair. You work so hard and are so dedicated. One day you will show them. I imagine you will be on the evening news one day, and they will wish they had treated you better.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home