Sunday, May 14, 2006

Smoke on the water

If there is one thing Florida and Montana has in common, its fire season. Here it's brush fires and we had to cover two over the weekend. I smell like smoke and been through more cinders than a preist on ash Wednesday. But I do enjoy the action of it and it gets me prepared for hurricane season in a way.

Right now I am debating what I shall due with my five days off that I have to use before Sept. 5. I want to go to Montana but money maybe an issue. I have to see how I am financially next month. If not, I will have to do something fun with the days. Key West isn't out of the realm of possiblity.

I am settled into my place finally and have been trying to relax. I however been going out with peeps from the station, which won't lessen while we are still get more and more new blood into the place.

Speaking of which, one of our new hires, a photographer, quit only after being on the job three or four days. He came from a Tampa station, so his expectations were high. As a person moving up markets, I never have high expecations when it comes to technology when I take the job. He was moving down markets, which made him think we had the budget, staff, and experience a station like Tampa would have. He basically had a temper tantrum and quit. After hearing all of his complain the day before, I wasn't surprised.

That's it for now. Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home