Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sit and wait

After a meeting with the general manager of the station and my news director, they said something will be done about my raise, but not right now. As much as that sounds like a cop out, well here's the sitch. (Btw, sitch=situation for those of you who don't watch "Kim Possible"--guilty pleasure on my part.) The original agreement I had signed was never brought to Journal when they came over to the company. When the new company came in, they should have renegotiated with me on salary, seeing I was now a new employee.

So why the wait to resolve? Simply because we are launching the new product right now and the new morning show is about to start. There are many things to do, and I understand that. But they promised me it will be resolved and they seem to feel for my sitch.

One of our anchors-reporters, Jenny, is leaving and I am a little sorry to see her go. She wasn't the most well liked person in station (a lot of people didn't really talk to her and visa versa) and some considered her a diva of sorts. I guess working with her I got to see more of her character and charm that lies under those tough layers she has as a reporter. She has frustrations, and feelings just like the rest of us. She is just one of those people who didn't like to hang with people in the newsroom. She is heading to Germany for a fellowship and wish her the best of luck.

The new set was finally launched and we had one of the biggest ratings in the station's history, as we followed the huge "American Idol" finale and the relaunch seems to be a bigger success than we anticipated. Now it's the morning show launch on June 5th we need to get through. What's funny is that the morning crew will be on different hours, and won't be hanging with us on nightside as much. They are cool people and wish that they would a bit more.

That's it for now. Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home