Friday, June 02, 2006

Dog Day Evening

I am feeling better and although nothing has been resolved yet, I am sure things will work out between me and the station.

I just got a new haircut which is going over well with the peeps at work. What ultimately prompted me to get it was when one of my co-workers who came back from maternity leave said I looked "scary." I was told by two peeps that I should grow my hair long about 6 weeks ago, so I let it grow even more. But I think I look a lot better now.

The past few days has been all about the dogs. The first one was a follow-up story on this dog who was dragged by its own behind a car. The owner says it was an accident, but a lot of people think that he should pay heavily for not paying attention to his pet.

We went to a dog park for interviews and obviously there were strong onpinions in one direction. We decided to do a stand up with one of the dogs. As some one who has done this many times, it's always unprecictable. This time was hilarious, as one time the dog kissed the reporter, another time the dog kissed my camera lense, and yet another the dog tried to get away from my reporter, which this was a big dog and my reporter is very slender. I made a quick montage on my save tape for a year end party.

Yesterday it was about greyhounds. A fire had happened a year ago at the dog track here and several dog died, as well as some suffering from burns and smoke inhilation. But this isn't the worst part of the story. The trainers don't take care of their dogs well, as toes have been amputated rather than treated, they would be depribed food, and trainers would bang on the cages and make the dogs train long hours. I myself was a fan of dog racing until now. The state doesn't regulate it well, and consider greyhounds livestock rather than pets. This means that you can't report abuse of a greyhound. It makes me sick.

That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home