Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Fast and the Furriest

I can't wait for another four weeks...

I am still somewhat tired and a little stressed out. Although the past few days have been somewhat easier than usual. I have been on sweeps patrol (stories that will be promoted and will air during July) and get to take my time to actually get some good stories shot.

We just went over the hurricane plan for the station, and we are as prepared as we can be. We have a secondary location set in case we have to evacuate (we are about 10 miles from my place, which is near the gulf, which means we could sustain some damage if one approaches) and we have accommodations when we are stranded from the Cape. My only hope (fingers crossed, knock on wood, salt over right shoulder, ect.) is that it doesn't have during my two planned trips this year in August and October. If I have to fly back, however, I am getting money to off set my airline ticket price if it needs to change.

The other big news is that we are expanding another half an hour at night. Meaning:

a) we are now competing with the big boys

and

b) I get to work later in the evening.

My schedule changes a little bit, more than likely have to come in a half an hour to an hour later. But if I have to sub at Mona's, it's a problem. I won't get there until midnight and that isn't good.

The good news is that we have a new dj, which is taking pressure off the rest of us. He is good with the computer, but needs time to get comfortable with the mic. But it took me a little while to get comfortable too.

Something interesting for all you "Saved by the Bell" fans out there. If you haven't already noticed, Dustin Diamond, aka Screech, needs your help to save his house:

http://www.getdshirts.com/

I am ordering a shirt in the next coming week, just because it will be fun to have an autographed t-shirt from him. I get bragging rights. *lol*

One of the reporters had commented we use the phase "In your Kennel" whenever we do an animal story. Since I did quite a few in the past few weeks, I wouldn't disagree.

We did a story on drifting over the weekend, which was pretty cool. I got to see a prototype of the Mach-5 race car that was going to be in the "Speed Racer" movie. No time to take a picture, as it started to rain and lightning hard as soon as we were done shooting. "Go speed photog, go speed photog..."

Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home