Sunday, July 02, 2006

Rain Rain Stop it I'm going Insane

What a mess!

It's suppose to be summer and we have had nothing but rain for the past few weeks. We were in a drought, but now we are in a swamp. (In my opinion, Florida needs to learn how to conserve water during the winter season.)

I headed out to the beach today to cover several stories and got drenched. It was literally sheets of rain. It didn't fair well for my camera, which did have it's rain jacket on. Two of them. It turns out I need a garbage bag and even after that, not in the drenching rain.

My camera went crazy after a while, although I could shoot. It lightened up and I was able to get some disgusting video of dead fish who died because of red tide. (Prepared to be grossed out--I got some shots of maggots eating a dead fish--didn't use it for air thought.)

My camera eventually went to a screen full of color bars and nothing else. A replacement was sent, but we ended up finding out the new camera had audio problems back at the station.

Torrential rain days like this always seem to be bad days. Especially on camera. No matter where I am too. I had similar experiences in Indiana. It sucks.

Let's hope we can get through this week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least your not in Terre Haute anymore

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home