Friday, July 14, 2006

Do I have a "kick me sign" on my back?

It's like getting an ice cube down your pants. Irritating as hell.

They raised my salary, but...only enough to match the rest of the photogs. They considered it a "mid-term raise" because they felt that I needed to be paid more. They are obviously covering up the fact that they saved money by not renegotiating my salary in the first place. And no retro-active active pay either. Not even for the two months I waited for them to get back to me. But the good news of all this is I'm getting another raise in two months at my anniversary date.

Then the bad luck came. I got a speeding ticket, and someone stuck a piece of ice down my pants. ugh!!!!

After all that, it's time for something interesting. Check this out:


http://www.wlky.com/video/9276690/index.html


Talk about a lucky photog.

I can't wait for my vacation. I serious need to get out of the state for a while. But before then, I need to blow off some steam. And that will happen on my half birthday on July 22.

That's right--I am celebrating my half birthday. Why you ask? Because I need an excuse to get drunk for once. This all came about after one of the reporters I work with frequently jokingly said he wanted to get me a lady of the evening as a b-day gift. But obviously, it's little more than six months away. So he said "why don't we celebrate your half birthday?"

Things fell in place for it. I had to swap a day for another photog that I was covering, and I decided to do a sunday, because I would have a three day weekend and I could drink saturday and sleep it off sunday.

I feel it also fitting since it is my half way mark at being thirty. I will more than likely overview the past six months and look ahead to the next six.

Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home